Sunday, April 24, 2016

Fountain Pen Ink Review: Waterman's Absolute Brown

I tend to gravitate toward blue inks, but this brown is an ink that I am enjoying greatly.

I use a Live New Journal. And the brown color shows itself nicely in that particular journal. I also have a vintage-looking journal where I record thoughts about my life as a dad that I hope I can pass on to the next generation. The brown ink looks really nice in that vintage-looking journal, too.

I might be becoming a big fan of brown ink! So, I will likely explore other versions of brown ink.



I don't actually own a bottle of this ink. I'm using a sample from my daughter-in-law. I gave this ink to Joanna for Christmas with a brown Nemosine pen. I wanted the pen and ink to represent her oldest son who has brown hair and brown eyes.


This is a nicely saturated ink. It has good shading properties. But at times, on this Rhodia paper, it did not flow as readily as I would have liked. I do not have this problem in my journals which contain cheaper paper, though. Therefore, I think that my flow problem might be an unfriendly combination of pen, paper, and ink. I really don't think it's fair to grade this ink down because I had some flow issues.

I look forward to comparing this ink to the Montblanc Toffee Brown ink.

I give this ink an 8.25 on a scale of 1-10.

No comments:

Post a Comment