Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Fountain Pen Ink Review: Noodler's Gruene Cactus Eel Ink

I have been wanting to try a truly green ink for quite some time. I purchased some samples from Goulet Pens and this Gruene Cactus Eel ink is one of those samples. (I have been using Noodler's Zhivago ink, but it is a green ink that is almost black. Noodler's Gruene Cactus Eel ink is truly green!)


I don't hate the Gruene Cactus Eel ink, but I'm pretty sure that I don't love it. I wish this green was a bit darker like the 3x pass in the test sample. 

I do appreciate the shading properties of this ink. You can see the shading especially on the down stroke at the bottom of a line or a letter.

The flow of the ink is nice. It seems to be a very wet ink. So, if you need something that dries fast, don't bother.

I'm glad I just bought a sample of this ink. I want to try something not blacker, but darker. 

I give this ink a 7.25 on a scale of 1–10.

No comments:

Post a Comment